The mission of the City Clerk's Office is to provide staff support to the elected body, maintain the municipality's official records, and provide accurate and timely access to public records for the public.
The City Clerk also manages the City's Business Services providing information and assistance to help existing businesses to thrive and to assist new businesses in joining our community.
- Issuing occupational tax certificates (aka business licenses)
- Maintaining current City of Madison Business Listing
- Processing alcohol license applications
- Issuing temporary sales licenses
- Processing use of public property permits