The HR Department is responsible for establishing, administering, and effectively communicating sound employee policies, rules, and practices that treat employees with dignity, respect, and equality. This occurs while maintaining the City of Madison's compliance with all Federal, State employment and labor laws, as well as internal personnel policies.
- Recruitment, selection and retention
- Employee training, workforce development and performance evaluation
- Salary and compensation administration
- Management of employee benefits programs
- Workers’ compensation, occupational health and wellness programs administration
- Administration of HR Information Systems